This pack includes the following two volumes:
- New Zealand Companies Legislation
- New Zealand Financial Markets Legislation
The new financial markets conduct regime came into full force in December 2016 and this pack provides a comprehensive set of the key companies and financial markets legislation:
- All class exemptions are included as well as specially compiled tables of individual exemptions. Exemptions are a mechanism by which the regulators can vary the standard statutory requirements.
- Anti-money laundering legislation is included, together with the 2017 amendments (which extend the requirements to lawyers and accountants).
- Technical amendments made in 2017 to fine-tune the financial reporting and annual meeting requirements under the Companies Act 1993 are included.
New Zealand Companies Legislation is consolidated to 1 January 2018 and includes:
- Companies Act 1993
- Financial Reporting Act 2013
- Tax Administration (Financial Statements) Order 2014
- Incorporated Societies Act 1908
- Limited Partnerships Act 2008
- Overseas Investment Act 2005
- Partnership Act 1908
- Personal Property Securities Act 1999
- Receiverships Act 1993
- Takeovers Act 1993
New Zealand Financial Markets Legislation is consolidated to 1 January 2017 and includes:
- Financial Markets Conduct Act 2013
- Financial Markets Conduct Regulations 2014
- Financial Markets Conduct class exemption notices
- Financial Markets Authority Act 2011 and regulations
- Financial Markets Supervisors Act 2011
- Financial Advisers Act 2008
- Financial Service Providers (Registration and Dispute Resolution) Act 2008
- Anti-Money Laundering and Countering Financing of Terrorism Act 2009.
- Tables of individual exemption notices.